Friday, January 15, 2010

On Haircuts

Over the past few years I have been decidedly unenthusiastic about haircuts and have gone around looking as though ny hair had been combed by a mixmaster. Paying $16 for a quick snip job at Suoercuts that left me still looking unkempt didn't thrill me.

A friebd introduced me to a babershop here in Oakland where yesterday I got one of the best haircuts I have ever had -- the last one this good was twenty years or so ago at the Jakarta Mandarin Hotel !

The place where I got this latest gtreat haircut is called The Executive Hair Salon, and it is on 345 13th Street in Oakland, California (94602) Their phone number is 510-625-9111. The fellow who cut my hair is named Mahad. He spent at least an hour, and when he waas done there wasn't a hair out of place 1

Maybe it seems odd to rave about a haircut, but when I din something good in life I really want to pass the word on about it. My real problem is that there is so much that is good around me that I haven't got enough time to note all these things.

This barbershop may seem like strictly a "Black" barbershop, but it isn't. They cut black hair, white hair, gray bhair, young hair hunting foir a stlish look, old fuddy-duddy hair like mine (and I am still wanting to look just A LITTLE stylish. If you are Caucasian, don't get up tight about patronizing this barbershop. They'll cut your hair better than most people have ever had their hair cut -- and they only charge 415.

No comments: