Friday, January 15, 2010

I Can Walk AQgain

Hey, folks -- I haven't been active in the last few months because my left hip had deteriorated to the point that I almost could not walk. All my energies were involved in daily activities like cooking meals, paying bills, etc., and taking care of my wife, who is disabled. The pain in my left hip had become so great that even with medication I had to quit teaching at school for several months. I am happy to report, though, that my hip replacement operation on 19 December was so successful that a month later I am able to walk, sometimes without a cane.

Fifty years ago if this had happened I would have had to spend the rest of my life in bed because hip replacement operations didn't exist. Hooray for modern medicine. And hooray for medical insurance and Medicare.

No comments: